Saturday 10 December 2011

Christmas Party Menu 2011

Tonight is my Christmas Party woo hoo!!  Come 7pm my dining room will be a a sea of Scots/Italians munching on festive nibbles and quaffing wine by the barrell load.  Lots to do but i'm amazingly well prepared and seem to still be in control of the situation.  I have to say my current obsession with time planning has come from years of piss poor planning and school girl errors...which often resulted in me trying to prepare a million dishes just before my guests arrived....the words 'fetal position' and 'rocking back and forth' spring to mind.

This year my menu is a nod to my heritatge...Scots/Sicilian.  Everything from Chinotto to IRN BRU and Crostini to Haggis but not a Horses head in sight.


Party Menu

Savoury Canapes

Pasta Fagiola – served in mini mugs
Figs and Melon wrapped in Parma Ham
Arancini  
Fried Artichokes
Smoked Haddock pate
Crostini – Toppings include Tomato and Mozzarella with Basil, Goats cheese and Caramelised Onions, Sugo ai Carciofi.
Pastry Spoons -  Figs and Honey with Blue Cheese and Roast Beef with Horseradish.
Smoked Salmon Blinis
Cheese platter. Served with Mejoule Dates, Grapes, Walnuts and chutney on the side.
Meat Platter – Salami, Mortadella, Ham.
Mini Prawn Cocktails
Devilled Eggs
Haggis in Porridge Oats
Snake Bread

Sweet

Mars Bar Ravioli with IRN BRU ice cream
Baci Gelato in a Brioshe


Petite Fours
 
Rocky Road
Pasta Secca
Tunnocks Tea cakes

 Drinks

Chinotto
Irn-bru
Tennants
Birra Messina
Wine
Cocktails


I also have a little treat for all my guests



I'll be taking loads of photos and adding them to the blog over the next few days.  I'll also be posting some of my canape recipes (step-by-step pictures) and tips. 

Wish me luck!!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Your menu sounds amazing! Hope it all went really well for you! I tried following your blog but it wont let me at the moment, I will try again though!

    ReplyDelete