Tuesday 3 January 2012

Brown paper packages tied up with string

Imagine the scene.  Lying in bed, snug as a bug, the kids have slept in (woo hoo) and I have nothing I need to get up for…..bliss!  Alas, I must suddenly leave the embrace of my duvet.  No, I don’t have to answer natures call……there is an intruding knock on the door.  Naturally I fly immediately into an unreasonable rage, grab my dressing gown and stomp down the stairs to confront the offending person who dared to spoil my serenity.  Granted last nights mascara smudged across my face may take away from the seriousness of my tone and body language.  Nonetheless, I march on.  Thankfully before I reach the door it dawns on me, I am expecting a delivery.  Not just any delivery, not the delivery of tv or celeb mag or video game or anything else designed purely to sour the soul.  I am expecting a delivery of my favourite things from the fabulous on-line deli Nife is Life www.nifeislife.com.  I first discovered this deli at their shop on Amazon in my pursuit of my best loved pop Chinotto.  I was delighted to discover they also stocked a variety of my preferred brand of Pasta, De Cecco.  I would recommend a look around their shop on the website, it’s a culinary Aladin’s Cave.  So that is why brown paper packages tied up with string are now one of my favourite things.


1 comment: